Boice and Crane Tailstock help

I expected it was going to cost.. Big problem is find someone to do the job. I call a few places every week and they don't do this kind of work here in the Boston area. Or I haven't called the right place yet. ========================================================================== Good luck. Most of the real machinists are retired or dead. I'd do it but I am retired. What passes for a machinist these days wouldn't have a clue how to fix something.

Reply to
CW

I went over to the rebuilders and they said they could take you on. They are busy as hell but they can do it. We are in central New York. Call Harry Hartman

607-eight four nine 6028. Here is the website.

RP

Reply to
RP

Why do I understand that? I grew up around furniture, woodcarvers and the likes.

Reply to
AMoore

What newsreader are you using? It is customary to include at least part of the message you are replying to above your reply so that the context of the reply is understood.

Reply to
G. Ross

Newsrover. I am just getting back into this. I think the other messages got everything, I checked back on some. I have your message at the bottom of my screen. Will send and check.

Reply to
AMoore

I see, I thought it did it automatically when I used Outlook, I have to copy and paste with this one. Thanks, I didn't realize that. Sorry about that.

Reply to
AMoore

Okay, made contact with them, they can do the job, no problem. However I got a dose of reality. I had in my mind maybe four or five hundred dollars. Closer to $1500. Tough decision to make at that price. Knew it would be expensive but didn't realize this. But I do thank you for the advice and trying to be of help. Did sound like the right people for the job. My thoughts are to try the drill and tap and keep my eyes open. Possibly get a new lathe such as the Woodtek variable speed. Thanks much.

Reply to
AMoore