Board Foot Calculator Spreadsheet

Hey Gang,
I made a board feet calculator/spreadsheet. I included the lumber prices for The Hardwood Store (where I go in NC). You select your lumber and thickness from a drop-down list and input length width etc. The prices change automatically depending on how many bd feet you are buying (my lumber yard has this feature, you can remove it by having the same price for all amounts if you need to).
The sheet is locked to prevent unwanted accidental changes, but you can unlock it if you need to.
download: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumber_bd_feet.xls or here: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumberstorage.php (check back for improvements/mods)
You can change the prices to your lumber yard (in Sheet Two). Let me know what you think.
It would be nice to take this spreadsheet with me to the lumber yard and calculate on the fly. There are some iPhone apps that can use Excel spreadsheets, Documents to Go is one example. Unfortunately Docs2Go doesnt like the functions I used in this spreadsheet. Know of any others that will?
Hey, now if you can include the yards tendancy to always round up in their own favor, and add in undocumented "mill" charges and prices that change from what you were quoted a week ago over the phone you might get something that even comes close to what they actually end up charging.

My yard guys come very close. When I went last weekend a large piece of 8/4 cherry was priced in my favor by a few bucks.
Hey, now if you can include the yards tendancy to always round up in their own favor, and add in undocumented "mill" charges and prices that change from what you were quoted a week ago over the phone you might get something that even comes close to what they actually end up charging.
I've never found a single instance of the yard I use rounding in anyone's favor but mine. Sorry your experience hasn't been the same.
Price changes over the course of a week? That's pretty standard, imo.
I thought it was a useful sheet.
GarageWoodworks wrote:

Works great in Open Office/Linux too. You must have set up all night entering price data??
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Copy - Paste
GarageWoodworks wrote:

OBTW what program are you using to load your images on your website? Thinking about using something similar on my site.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Image Thumbnail Viewer: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm