Board Foot Calculator Spreadsheet

Hey Gang,

I made a board feet calculator/spreadsheet. I included the lumber prices for =93The Hardwood Store=94 (where I go in NC). You select your lumber and thickness from a drop-down list and input length width etc. The prices change automatically depending on how many bd feet you are buying (my lumber yard has this feature, you can remove it by having the same price for all amounts if you need to).

The sheet is =93locked=94 to prevent unwanted accidental changes, but you can unlock it if you need to.

download:

here:
(check back for improvements/mods)

You can change the prices to your lumber yard (in Sheet Two). Let me know what you think.

It would be nice to take this spreadsheet with me to the lumber yard and calculate on the fly. There are some iPhone apps that can use Excel spreadsheets, Documents to Go is one example. Unfortunately Docs2Go doesn=92t like the functions I used in this spreadsheet. Know of any others that will?

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

SonomaProducts.com

Works great in Open Office/Linux too. You must have set up all night entering price data??

Reply to
evodawg

OBTW what program are you using to load your images on your website? Thinking about using something similar on my site.

Reply to
evodawg

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

GarageWoodworks

My yard guys come very close. When I went last weekend a large piece of 8/4 cherry was priced in my favor by a few bucks.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Reply to
evodawg

I've never found a single instance of the yard I use rounding in anyone's favor but mine. Sorry your experience hasn't been the same.

Price changes over the course of a week? That's pretty standard, imo.

I thought it was a useful sheet.

Reply to
Joe