Blum Hinges and a 35mm bit

Is a 35mm a must or can someone cheat with an equivalent standard size bit.
On 22 Jul 2005 21:16:56 EDT, Mark and Kim Smith

board or something it will dull pretty quickly. in that case, use the forstner bit to drill a router template and "drill" the doors with that.

Why would the router bit hold up better than the forstner? Or did you just mean that a straight router bit is cheaper to replace than a forstner?
Bob
BillyBob wrote:

a top bearing carbide straight bit will outlast a plain steel forstner bit in materials like mdf and particle board. if you have carbide forstner bits and a drill press, use 'em.
snipped-for-privacy@all.costs wrote in wrote:

The carbide 35mm forstner I bought in blue seems to be holding up pretty well. Not terribly expensive, either.
Patriarch
Patriarch wrote:

the one I bought was kind of expensive, $35 or so. then I bought a 10mm r8 tool holder to fit it into the mill, $10 or so on ebay. so now I'm stylin'. I have drilled plenty of them with a portalign and a plain steel forstner bit though, as well as with a straight bit and template and plunge router. all of these methods work, as long as you get the hole in the right place.
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I decided not to be a cheap son-of-a-gun and got the bit. For now, it is for a one off job but I'm guessing it'll come in handy for the kitchen cabinets. Eventually!