Blood

Went to give blood today.

While I was lying back ignoring the pain from the fat tube in my vein and chatting to the nurse she said 'What are you doing later, for the rest of the afternoon?' I thought my luck was in. 'I am going to finish the work I was doing on a stable roof then walk the dog' I said. 'Roof?' she said, 'Roof? No way can you go on a roof. You aren't even supposed to climb a ladder after you have given blood.'

Nice afternoon off. Just me and the dog.

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

Way too slow, or maybe they took too much blood. Your proper come back should have been, "Well then, I could really use your company to stop me from climbing up on that roof." Or, something to that effect.

Reply to
Dave

LUCKY YOU! Too bad she was ugly. id you put a paper bag on her head?

-TES

Reply to
Theodore Edward Stosterone

They told me no smoking before or after giving blood so I went in there with a big chew. No problem.

Reply to
CW

Ewwwwwwwwww! Where'd you spit?

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't spit.

Reply to
CW

You chew tobacco and swallow that crap? Double Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques