Blonde Buckaroo

=================================== A blonde decides to try horseback riding, even though she has had no lessons, nor prior experience. She mounts the horse unassisted, and the horse immediately springs into motion. It gallops along at a steady and rhythmic pace, but the blonde begins to slide from the saddle.

In terror, she grabs for the horse's mane, but cannot seem to get a firm grip. She tries to throw her arms around the horse's neck, but she slides down the horse's side anyway. The horse gallops along, seemingly impervious to its' slipping rider.

Finally, giving up her frail grip, the blonde attempts to leap away from the horse and throw herself to safety. Unfortunately, her foot has become entangled in the stirrup; she is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as her head is struck against the ground over and over.

As her head is battered against the ground, she is mere moments away from unconsciousness when to her great fortune.....

Ray, the WalMart greeter, sees her dilemma and unplugs the horse.

And you thought all they did was say Hello.

Reply to
"<<<

sorry about the above post .. .. I was forwarding it to a friend, and forgot to remove this group in the "TO:" list, and for some reason, I can't cancel it .. .. Charter says it doesn't appear that I was the author, so I can't cancel it ?? ?? ??

Reply to
"<<<

Cancels have been disabled for years across Usenet due to abuses in the past.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

On 5/6/2009 8:59 PM Mark & Juanita spake thus:

Mmm, not absolutely true: I've managed to cancel a few posts here and there within the last year or so. But it's hit or miss and doesn't always work (not all news servers honor cancel requests).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

And only if you're quick enough doing it on your ISP's news server. Once the message has been forwarded to all the other servers, it's a wasted effort.

Reply to
Upscale

Where's that Greeter when you need him?

Reply to
MikeWhy

If your ISP has a news server and hasn't just aliased an address to giganews or some such.

Reply to
phorbin

On 5/7/2009 2:36 PM phorbin spake thus:

My ISP doesn't have its own news server and just buys service from another ISP (even though it's in my ISPs name, so I guess it's aliased), but my cancels still seem to work.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl