Blond

We have an old end table that needs refinishing. It is stained and in places the wood has darkened considerably.
My question is what can I use to bleach the wood that while not returning it to the blond color of some of the 1950's pieces at least will bring it back to the natural wood color.
Once we get the color problem taken care of we will finish it in the normal way.
On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 22:43:30 -0400, Keith Nuttle

If it's not veneered, try lacquer thinner. I took all the finish off Mom's old dining set with that in a solvent-proof squirt bottle. The squirt bottle allows you to physically flush the pigment out of each pore. Caution: This takes freakin' forever, so wear really good gloves and breathing apparatus with good ventilation.
Remove the finish any way you can: stripper, thinner, sanding. Try mineral spirits if you want, for a milder test solvent, but lacquer thinner works really well.
Use long-cuffed thick nitrile or rubber gloves. Thin nitrile and latex dissolve way too quickly with lacquer thinner.
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
On 10/20/2012 9:43 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Sherwin Williams has a new blonde paint. It isn't too bright, but it spreads easy.
--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX