BLO Shelf Life

I recently moved and the PO left a partially full can of BLO. I have no idea how old it is. I do know it is still liquid. What is the shelf life of BLO and is there an easy test to determine if it is still useful?

Reply to
Russ Stanton

In anaerobic conditions, probably centuries. To test, you take some and put a thin coat on a non-porous surface. If it gells then films, it's good. Remember, the clock starts ticking the first time you admit oxygen to the can.

Reply to
George

Reply to
Dave W