BLO Shelf Life

I recently moved and the PO left a partially full can of BLO. I have no idea how old it is. I do know it is still liquid. What is the shelf life of BLO and is there an easy test to determine if it is still useful?

In anaerobic conditions, probably centuries. To test, you take some and put a thin coat on a non-porous surface. If it gells then films, it's good. Remember, the clock starts ticking the first time you admit oxygen to the can.
I have a partial gallon that I bought decades ago. It is still useful for making varnish, BLO and turpentine finish. Dave