BLO...

I left a can of boiled linseed oil open for 3 days. Damn. I took a diversion the other day and decided to refinish a few hand planes that I got 10 years ago... wooden ones. I had come across them in a storage bin while looking for something. I just decided that more than 10 years is long enough... lets see how they work, and if they work ok, I would finish them later.... well later was 2 hours after I determined that there was some promise there.
So I dyed, stained, and put blo over them.. not all at once !!! Anyway, I just discovered I left the can open for 3 days.
Think that can is trashed? I imagine it will gel up pretty fast... What do you think?
--
Jeff

On 04/22/2014 08:28 AM, woodchucker wrote:

I think I'd poke the skin on top of the finish and pour it off into another container. You may get some more life out of it yet...
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

Is it gelled now?
If yes, trash it.
If no, put the cap on and don't worry about it.
--

dadiOH