Blade Test Redux

Page 2 of 2

On 5/16/2012 2:38 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

that stings.... At the time I bought these there was no HF store around. I had ordered it online. So they always took their merchandise back... And a lifetime warranty means lifetime.. I don't feel bad that I expect them to honor it.
On 5/16/12 2:23 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

It still has a lifetime warranty. You need receipts to return stuff. How is this lost on you? The only store I know that need no proof of purchase for lifetime returns is Sears for their Craftsman tools.... and they slowly going out of business.
It's frustrating, I know. But honestly, you're angst misguided in this case. Dave Ramsey calls this sort of thing "stupid tax." We've *all* paid it at some point. I've paid more than my fair share of it. :-) Laugh about it and move on and be glad it was HF and not somewhere expensive.
--

-MIKE-

On 5/16/12 2:38 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/warranty-info
"Items are guaranteed to be as described and illustrated. If for any reason you are not satisfied with any item purchased, you may return the insured product within 90 days for a full refund or replacement..."
"Limited Lifetime Warranty on Hand Tools <snip> (nothing about Pittsburgh brand) ...Proof-of-purchase date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise."
"Warranty/Return Checklist for All Refunds - Proof of purchase (e.g. receipt, invoice) is required for all returns."
No misunderstanding :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 5/16/2012 10:21 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Forrest like any one else is not perfect and has no control over what happens to their blades during shipping, it is possible to get one that is no longer up to Forrest standards if the shipper to the end users home or to the store has problems. It is possible to get one that is not up to snuff.
I have always been a bit concerned with receiving one back from sharpening although have never had a problem.
On 5/16/12 12:41 PM, Leon wrote:

Obviously, there are anomalies. But I am willing to bet there aren't enough zeros to put after a 1 to write out the ratio of blades returned to HF as opposed to Forrest. :-)
--

-MIKE-

I have made a thin ply blade shipper. It has 3 piece of luan, a back, a holder with a 10.25 hole to hold the blade glued to the back and a cover screwed to the previous..
I have hash marks to realign the cover and I have always gotten it back. It has multiple return address labels and a warning that a saw blade exists.
I use those really thin foam sheets .. the closed cell type on both sides of the blade for added protection.
Because when getting it sharpened the same can happen in shipping.
I enclose it in a self made cardboard box.. probably not necessary..
On 5/16/2012 1:41 PM, Leon wrote:

On 5/16/2012 10:07 AM, Bill wrote:

No intention of returning the blade was intended. If you don't like the product then you return it.