Blade Test Redux

I have made a thin ply blade shipper. It has 3 piece of luan, a back, a holder with a 10.25 hole to hold the blade glued to the back and a cover screwed to the previous..

I have hash marks to realign the cover and I have always gotten it back. It has multiple return address labels and a warning that a saw blade exists.

I use those really thin foam sheets .. the closed cell type on both sides of the blade for added protection.

Because when getting it sharpened the same can happen in shipping.

I enclose it in a self made cardboard box.. probably not necessary..

Reply to
tiredofspam

that stings.... At the time I bought these there was no HF store around. I had ordered it online. So they always took their merchandise back... And a lifetime warranty means lifetime.. I don't feel bad that I expect them to honor it.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Swingman wrote in news:8M6dnSi8wL8fKy7SnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I agree with Karl. I have all three of the blades that he does and love them all. Freud is a very good buy, but I still use me WWII for 90% of the cutting I do.

Reply to
Steve

It still has a lifetime warranty. You need receipts to return stuff. How is this lost on you? The only store I know that need no proof of purchase for lifetime returns is Sears for their Craftsman tools.... and they slowly going out of business.

It's frustrating, I know. But honestly, you're angst misguided in this case. Dave Ramsey calls this sort of thing "stupid tax." We've *all* paid it at some point. I've paid more than my fair share of it. :-) Laugh about it and move on and be glad it was HF and not somewhere expensive.

Reply to
-MIKE-

"Items are guaranteed to be as described and illustrated. If for any reason you are not satisfied with any item purchased, you may return the insured product within 90 days for a full refund or replacement..."

"Limited Lifetime Warranty on Hand Tools (nothing about Pittsburgh brand) ...Proof-of-purchase date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise."

"Warranty/Return Checklist for All Refunds

- Proof of purchase (e.g. receipt, invoice) is required for all returns."

No misunderstanding :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I have the Freud Glue-Line Rip blade as well. Very nice, and way less money than a Forrest.

Reply to
Steve Turner

I concur. Been cutting 8/4 alder, and it's a great blade.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone