Blade Sharpening Question

I just received the four blades I sent to Forrest for sharpening. I have only used one so far, but it seems to cut far better then it did when it was new. Almost as nice as my WWII...
At any rate, there is a charge on my invoice that reads "Axial face shear"...and idea what that could be? I see it listed as a service on their website, and I have to assume that if they felt that it needed to be done on one of my blades then it must have needed to be done, but what is it? I even DAGS, and the only site hit by "axial face shear" was Forrest's.
Thanks, Rob

I cannot tell you for sure but Forrest does flatten blades as part of their service. Many sharpening services simply regrind the teeth.
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:51:29 -0500, "Rob Walters"

call them up and ask.
then post what you learn...
Top of head, they turned your blade like a brake disc to retrue it.
Do the marks on the faces look fresh?

Actually, yes...well, the sides of the teeth look like they've been ground. I'll call Forrest on Monday for verification, but methinks you're on to something.
Thanks! Rob