Blade Help

Hi! Trying to cut some Oak Plywood and no matter which blade I use on my Milwaukee Large Circular Saw I am buring wood big time. I have tried a new 140 tooth and two reltively new 24 tooth blades.
What am I doing wrong that is causing me to burn so much wood that I cannot continue cutting due to the smoke. Is there a better blade for this type of wood?
Please help. I am in the middle of a project.
Thanks
Rudy wrote:

By chance you don't have the blade in backwards do you?

Well I did an experment and you guessed it. The blade was in fact on backwards. Why do they put the label on the side that you cannot even see. I am such a moron! It is amazing I have not cut any of my fingers off yet!?! LOL
Is your fence lined up parallel to your blade?

Ok, I am really going to show my ignornance now. I do not know what a fence is, but I have the blade angled at 45 degrees.
I am not sure if the blade is backwards or not but will take the time to check. For the sake of my ego I hope that is not the reason. However, for the sake of the project I hope it is. LOL