blade guard use on tablesaw

That's exactly how I lost an uncle, he was walking home on Christmas Eve, slipped on a patch of ice, fell backwards, hit his head, died three days later.

Helmets are optional for adults here in Ohio. Every time I see a motorcyclist without a helmet, I think,"Oh, look, another organ donor!".

ARM - I ride an American made bike, a Honda!

Reply to
Alan McClure

Quote from RM MS: " I have worked in professional industrial wood shops since 1980. Trust me, DON'T USE THE GUARD".

Reply to
CW

Close, on both counts:

... and I just engineered/mixed a hip hop album in the studio last week, and did the same for the first regional hip hop band in this area 20 years ago ... even an old man's gotta stay up with the times.. ;>)

Reply to
Swingman

Simply amazing!! How did they ever survive?? And no steel-toed shoes or helmets?? No, no way. You gotta be kidding. I won't fall for that! I guess next you 'll tell me that the signs on the stairs and the rope ladders up didn't have braille on them. Come on Michael, we know you kidding!

Reply to
Ramsey
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Just had a young kid in a nearby city who got killed riding his motorcycle. He was wearing his helmet. He was hit from behind by a drunk driver.

Its interesting the politics involved in measures that jeopardize our freedoms. Helmets can certainly help protect us. We should require them of anyone who rides in a car...along with shoulder restraints and air bags.

Where do we stop?

Have a nice Labor Day weekend...

Trent

Trent©

Yep -- here in Indiana, we call 'em donorcycles.

Doug Miller

I haven't actually seen the ship (I'd like to some day) but I wouldn't be surprised if any signs it has have been put there in modern times.

I figure back then everybody knew their job, and didn't need labels on stuff. There's probably some basis for that impression, given the steam locomotive cabs I've been inside. 50,000 mysterious gizmos, with nothing to offer a clue what any of it is for, except maybe the boiler pressure gauge.

Reply to
Silvan

How many hours do you spend on a saw per day? And for how many years? As for lawyer bait, you are talking out your ass, too. I so much enjoy all you smart guys running your mouth about how you think it should be. Maybe in Dreamland, but not in Real Work World.

Reply to
RM MS

RM MS wrote: : I have worked in professional industrial wood shops since 1980. Trust : me, DON'T USE THE GUARD.

Um, well, hunh!, okay.

: Ours are there only for OSHA

You mean the Federal agency that's responsible for worker safety, right? So, basically, the guard are there only to protect the people using the machine. Damn inconveniences! A scourge upon them!

: and are purposely : designed to be easily moved out of thway to a safe position. If you have : a slide-down guide, and need o have it there, drill a hole in the upper : slider and stick a penci in it to keep the darn thing up while you work. : Our other ones are on swivel pipes, etc. You do not need another thing : to deal with while passing your hand near a spinning, tilted meat : grinder.

Yeah man, right on!

Anyone who operates a TS without a good* guard is an idiot. Anyone who forces coworkers or employees to do so is an abusive bastard.

-- Andy Barss

  • the American standard guides are crap. Try a Brett guard to see what a real guard is like.
Reply to
Andrew Barss

Wed, Sep 3, 2003, 2:27pm snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (RM=A0MS) posted: Clinton from Dreamworld says: " . . .have you listened to yourself lately?' =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Amen, brother, and apparently a whole bunch of others are, too

It was a question, not a statement.

JOAT Failure is not an option. But it is definitely a possibility.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 2 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

GOAT: "It was a question, not a statement." ================================== Nope, it was an answer, not an argument.

Reply to
RM MS