Blade for #8?

Dear All,
Where can I get a replacement blade for a Stanley #8?
Thanks,
David.

Try Ron Hock, Fort Bragg, CA.
UA100
Well, I know you are aware of after-market blades, so I assume you are looking for a Stanley blade. :-) I didn't realize that A #8 iron is 2 5/8" wide until just now. Of course, I've never seen a #8 Stanley.

I love my LN #8, and the blade is extremely thick. You want check out their replacement blade.
Bob
On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 18:49:48 GMT, "David F. Eisan"

I usually buy replacement blades for my eBay planes at Woodcraft. They carry Hock, Stanley, and a house brand. I usually buy a Hock.
Lee Valley could probably also hook you up.
Barry
Personally, I'd try to find one on eBay first (sometimes old Stanley blades show up there). I've also bought Stanely replacement blades at Woodcraft, but their website doesn't say anything about them. You can get Hock blades at Woodcraft or Highland Hardware, but I've heard their extra thickness sometimes requires widening the mouth opening on your plane, something I'd rather not do.
David F. Eisan wrote:

--
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.