Blade advice for RAS

I need a new blade for a craftsman Radial 100 (10 inch blade ~3450RPM).
As much as I would like to buy the top of the line, I am on a budget and am looking for the most cost effective purchase. I picture myself going to Home Depot and just grabbing something around 25 bux, but don't wanna get a crap blade. I'm not a die hard woodworker, so I just want something that will do the job since I don't make a million cuts/year. So my questions are (sorry if they are stupid):
Is there a brand that is recommended? I've seen frued and dewalt. some are over $50 and that seems like a lot.
How many teeth? The more teeth the finer the cut right?
Should I get a combo-blade?
Teflon coated?
Carbide tip?
Mostly I see myself doing cross cuts and mitres, but could at some point do some ripping.
Thanks for your help. Matt

If your RAS is < 2hp (likely if it runs happily on 120VAC), you want a thin-kerf combination blade.
Pretty much, you get what you pay for.
I'm using a Freud (NOT Diablo) TK-series combination blade on my benchtop saw. Within the limits of the saws capibilities, it's certainly Good Enough. That's usually available at Lowes, though not HD for some reason, woodworking stores, and Sears.
Usually, it's on sale for <$40. Certainly Good Enough.
HOWEVER. NO ONE who every bought a Forrest WWII ever said they regretted it. If that saw's the one I'm thinking of, get the 40T thin-kerf version. Usually just over $100.
Now, my father's RAS is STRICTLY a crosscut machine, usually for fine work and repeated cuts. We've mounted a thin-kerf 80-tooth ATB "Fine Cut-off" blade and it's more than Good Enough provided we keep the beast in alignment (which can be a tall order).
I bought a 80 tooth thin kerf Frued blade at HD for 49.95. I never do anything but crosscuts on my RAS. I also have the same blade on my CMS. I also have the Freud combo blade on my TS. I like all three blades. They cut clean and stay sharp and didn't cost and arm and a leg. At least I hope they never do!
Leslie
--
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.