Black mark for moving woodworking equipment with appliance hand truck

above hand truck, from Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowe's or from anyone else: why doesn't the bottom belt rotate like it suppose to do on any one of them? Dragging my shop equipment (or appliance, or furniture) to the second floor leaves black marks from the belts on my staircase. Loosen the belt tension doesn't help either. Anyone solve this problem?

Reply to
Fred

The belts are designed to make it possible to lift over stair nosings, they are not designed to leave the nosings pristine.

Reply to
Battleax

I agree that they won't leave the stairs perfect, but aren't the belts supposed to rotate? The rental ones at U-Haul do. Maybe a worn out one rotates easily while a brand new one doesn't.

Reply to
AL

Perhaps the rollers need oiling?

Reply to
Dhakala

Reply to
No-One

Yes, they should certainly rotate. Guess I didn't read the original post correctly.

Reply to
Battleax

The rental carts at U-Haul didn't cost $114 each either. Example:

no(SPAM)vasys

didn't look at the link in the original message. Yes, the HarbourFreight item is a toy

Reply to
Battleax

Pricey but it should work and cheaper than spending the time cleaning up the black marks.

Couple of people comment the problem is due to the cheap Harbor Freight hand truck but that's not the case. The belts on hand trucks don't rotate on

*any* of the different hand trucks I found in *all* the local big box stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, Office Depot and all the local big office supply houses ... you name it. Got to be an easy fix, I'm going to cut some notches on the belt to make it more flexible when I have some free time.

Reply to
Fred