Black mark for moving woodworking equipment with appliance hand truck

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber8154
The above hand truck, from Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowe's or from anyone else: why doesn't the bottom belt rotate like it suppose to do on any one of them? Dragging my shop equipment (or appliance, or furniture) to the second floor leaves black marks from the belts on my staircase. Loosen the belt tension doesn't help either. Anyone solve this problem?

anyone
of
second
The belts are designed to make it possible to lift over stair nosings, they are not designed to leave the nosings pristine.
I agree that they won't leave the stairs perfect, but aren't the belts supposed to rotate? The rental ones at U-Haul do. Maybe a worn out one rotates easily while a brand new one doesn't.

one
belt
AL wrote:

The rental carts at U-Haul didn't cost $114 each either. Example:
http://www.americanmovingsupplies.com/product_info.php?cPath $&products_idC&osCsid1805fac1bbe2b1ea5ce37292f69ee5
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

http://www.americanmovingsupplies.com/product_info.php?cPath $&products_idC&osCsid1805fac1bbe2b1ea5ce37292f69ee5
snip
I didn't look at the link in the original message. Yes, the HarbourFreight item is a toy
Fred wrote:

Perhaps the rollers need oiling?
Every hand truck that I have used with that type of belt has been very stiff. The way it was explained to me was that it was to control the decent down to the next stair....
Fred wrote:

Maybe replace them with link belts? <grin>

Pricey but it should work and cheaper than spending the time cleaning up the black marks.
Couple of people comment the problem is due to the cheap Harbor Freight hand truck but that's not the case. The belts on hand trucks don't rotate on *any* of the different hand trucks I found in *all* the local big box stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, Office Depot and all the local big office supply houses ... you name it. Got to be an easy fix, I'm going to cut some notches on the belt to make it more flexible when I have some free time.