Black Mairi

Can anyone tell me anything about Black Mairi? A friend of mine sent me back a small log of it from New Zealand. It seems to be a very hard wood
Bill
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 18:36:12 -0400, "wbargeloh"

Harder than a banker's heart. Dry it very, very slowly or it will crack. A nice wood that is very hard to get. Geoff New Zealand