Black & Decker buys Porter Cable and Delta

Saw this news item the other day.

wonder if we will now have routers that are orange, black, grey, yellow, or all of the above?

Rich

Reply to
Rich Coers

> I wonder if we will now have routers that are orange, black, grey, yellow,

Well, here's to hoping (as a swig of Jack goes down) that they don't tinker with the manufacturing of the brands for marketing sake.

From an investor's (in BDK) viewpoint, its a good deal. I don't own it, but I am getting ready to bite.

/rick.

Reply to
RickS

I wonder if we will now have routers that are orange, black, grey, yellow,

Interesting, I think B&D got ultra rich by mass junk marketing, like VW did and now owns Rolls Royce (not that VW is "junk"). I only wonder what and where the Pentair operations are in "Europe".

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK