Black Arkansas stone coming back?

I've always believed that Black Arkansas stone was almost impossible to find, that the veins in Arkansas had been picked clean, etc.
Yet, the new Woodcraft catalog lists it several times, although the price is roughly twice the white stone.
Somebody uncover a new vein or was the stuff I read an exaggeration!?
How's it compare to white aluminum oxide ceramic stone?
James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:01:16 -0400, brocpuffs wrote:

Table in the Woodcraft catalog sez HBA is about 4000 grit (Japanese) and ultra white ceramic is about 6000.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:16:55 -0500, Australopithecus scobis

Thanks, AP. Always been curious about this. Always been too lazy to look it up.
BTW my ass is on backwards, which makes it tough to know if it's in front or in back-
James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com
Lots of stone shops around Hot Springs, a bit like fruit stands.
I bought a 40 pound block of white and a 40 pound block of black. No problem cutting up the white with a wet diamond. Haven't figured out how to cut the black one yet - any ideas?