Bizarre behavior at Amazon

I had good luck with Rockler on the one occasion I had to ask them for something. I don't think the CEO at Amazon will answer me though; too concerned about their crashing stock price and profits to care about customers.

Reply to
Toller

Let me get this straight- you were sitting at home (or elsewhere) ordering tools off the internet, and you're upset because Amazon wouldn't sell you something at Woodcraft's price.

Maybe I can understand the problem here if you were driving back and forth all over town and blew $20 in gas to save $25- but you (presumably) never had to leave your chair. So just order the sucker from Woodcraft, and be happy you got a good deal... I don't see why you'd boycott Amazon and pay extra on other things in the future over one item's price.

Reply to
Prometheus

No, he's mad because they wouldn't honour their own pricing policy, and refused to admit that they even *had* such a policy even after he sent them a link to their own website.

I'd feel the same way.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Well in Amazons defense, he did eventually get the apology and did get the offer that he wanted before complaining here. He was in a bigger hurry for satisfaction that they were in giving it.

Reply to
Leon

You missed on important point. Who was the original poster? It was a person that makes a career of not pinching pennies, but flattening them to replace the dollar bill. He wanted the 10% difference between the two prices that would have gained him another $3 or so.

That aside, it was rather dumb of Amazon to state they don't have a policy when it is posted on their web page.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

To a certain extent, I can see what you're saying- but I still can't get my head around the idea of arguing with a vendor about price matching when simply buying from the cheaper one is a matter of a click or two of the mouse. Presumably, they are the same product- if the cheaper vendor offers an inferior one, or terrible service, then it's fair to say that the more expensive one has added value and is worth the extra $$$.

Reply to
Prometheus

I must have missed that... but I figure the value of my free time is greater than $3 when it comes to dealing with just about anyone's terrible customer service these days.

It's a big site- possibly an oversight, maybe it was dishonest. Not really worth the wait to even e-mail them and find out, IMO.

Reply to
Prometheus

"bf" wrote in news:1155792994.884036.255990 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

I have never had a problem with Lowes price matching. I present the ad, they go get the item, ring it up, and tell me thanks for shopping there. they know that they will make it up and more in future sales.

Returns are never a problem either.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

No, the "apology" came after I posted here, and after I bought the router at Woodcraft. It was in response to my third email. Don't know if they would actually honor their policy; I never got that far. I expect that if I tried to do it, customer service would tell me they don't have such a policy.

Reply to
Toller