Biscuit Storage Question

Although possibly not the best biscuits in the world, I bought 750 biscuits at the Rocker "Stock-Up" sale. 250 each of #0, #10, & #20 for a total of $13.44.
Just wondering how you folks store your biscuits for maximum life, and what duration of storage expectancy can I expect?
Thanks,
Greg G.
I store mine in a zip lock bag. They should last forever if they don't get damp and swell. If you get one that is a little swollen you can compress it in the vise so it fits the slot..
--
Patrick Fischer
Gig Harbor, WA

once they are swelled, I don't think they'll shrink again by putting them in an oven. I've tried squeezing the hell out of fat PC biscuits with my crappy little vise, but to no avail. When I mic them they are the same size after putting the squeeze on them. Prevention of moisture seems to be the key.
dave
john moorhead wrote:

Yeah I agree. I found that the PC biscuits are fat right off the shelf at the Borg! A lot of squeezing in the vise!

Bay Area Dave said:

Wow, didn't expect this many answers so soon! Thanks for the input, Guys. I'm a moron - after I posted this message, I sorted through a bag of #20s (see Rockler Biscuit Quality Report post) and it dawned on me that freezer zip-lock bags would be perfect for this, then I remembered the 4 bags of desiccant stashed away. So, I'm good to go!
Greg G.
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:23:35 -0800, "Patrick Fischer"

I've found that microwaving swollen biscuits, uncovered, is even better than squeezing or pounding them.
I toss oversize biscuits into another bag, when I get a bunch of them, I lay them out flat on a glass plate and microwave for 4-5 minutes on high. It works like a charm, but they get HOT, so let them cool before use.
Barry
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:56:33 -0500, Greg G. wrote:

zip lock bags work ok but with all those pointy things laying around the shop they tend to develope holes. I use coffee cans with lids. LOTS of coffee cans with lids... :-] skeez
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:56:33 -0500, Greg G. wrote:

Store them in an airtight container. If you have them, put in some silica gel packets that you get with electronic components. A piece of chalk works too. They will last for years if you keep them very dry. Keep a separate container for each size. You got a very good deal!
I put a useable supply of my bulk biscuits in Ball jars, and then use my Tilia foodsaver to vacumn pack the remainder in quart jar quantity per vac bag
Works great and the vac bags are reuseable many times. I have some that I just opened after a couple years here in humid FL (costal area) and they are just as dry and useable as the day I vac packed them
John