Biscuit size for drawer

I need to build a drawer for a kitchen cabinet approx 24W x 6H x 23D. I don't want to mess with dovetails or finger joints. I could use dowels but I am wondering if a #0 biscuit would work with 1/2" Baltic birch plywood?
Thanks - Joel

Cut rabbet on both sides of the drawer front and drive nails through the side into the rabbet. No biscuit needed. Done that on a chest of drawers, and they seem to hold up well.

Yes. Watch your work carefully. Read Bob Lang's piece on using a biscuit jointer in the last Pop Woodworking.
Patriarch

Frank Klausz has a video called, strangely enough, Biscuit Joinery. He uses thin stock as a shim to put biscuit slots centered in plywood edges as a quick way to do drawers. Can't remember the sizes of plywood he used but I do remember he used several sized of biscuit and a PC joiner. I used that technique for drawers in all my shop stations a little over two years ago and they're holding together just fine. And he was right, it was quick. http://frankklausz.com/biscuitjoinery.html

Like another post stated, use a rabbet on the front, dado on the back. Easy.
Seems like using a biscuit joiner would be easier than setting up the table saw up to cut rabbets and dados.
Joel

I've used biscuits with 1/2" BB & it worked out OK. I recall having some problems with splintering of the surface plys when the slots were close to the end of the board; with the 1/2" thickness, for a 90d joint the slot will be only about 1/8" from the end of the board. It may have been more related to the quality of that particular batch of ply, though.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf.lonestar.org