Biscuit Master from Woodhaven

Has anyone used this jig? Do I need to remove the 90 degree fence part of my biscuit joiner? (I have a Porter-Cable 557). It looks like I can just flip it up -- right?

-- third jig down from the top.......

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Looks silly to me. What do you need it for?

Reply to
John

Do you mean this one?

$79.00 I think that if I wanted something like this I'd use a few scraps of plywood and a few bolts to make my own. I wonder how long Woodhaven had to search for a contractor before finding the one quoted on the web page?

Nova

Sorry, I don't understand your comment. Providing a link seemed like a nice thing to do for readers that don't know what I'm talking about. As far as my question goes (which appears above the link), it doesn't seem to be answered on the home page.

Perhaps you only see the link and not the question????

Reply to
Never Enough Money

The link you provided took me to Woodhavens main page which does not show the Biscuit Master. I had to search their web site to find it.

Nova

Never,

To answer your question, no, I don't think you have to remove the fence, just flip it up like on the Dewalt they are using in the demo pictures.

IMHO its a nice jig, but as a hobbiest, I'm not sure it's worth the money. As a pro, it's cheaper than paying yourself or your craftsman to make and would be worthwhile.

It does address some of the basic holding issues when using a biscuit joiner.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

Biscuit Master. I

What gets to me is that, like some other websites I have seen, the photos are clickable but then it just brings up the same-szied image on a new page by itself - not an enlarged image. What a waste. A pet peeve of mine. I thought maybe they didn't provide detailed images of this jig so people would not take the design and make it themselves, but then I see that other stuff at the site is the same. What's the point of making these thumbnail-sized images clickable? Their pages look nice, but with no detailed images or detailed info, it makes this one consumer who loves jigs uninterested in buying there.

Reply to
igor

Reply to
Rick Samuel