biscuit joner - makita ?

I tried to read all posts about biscuit joiners. Most popular seem to be DW and PC, but generally Makita had only positive comments.

The 3901 can be had for $170 which puts it in the same price range as PC (200) and DW (150).

What do the latest trade mags make of it?

I may wait until the Denver WW show and see what I can pick-up, but want to be armed with the best info.

Reply to
coloradotrout

if you aren't going to get a Lamello, GET THE MAKITA. I've got the PC

557 and don't like it due to the crappy fence that has "features" but little rigidity. Other than that, it works fine. still kicking myself for plonking down my money on that sucker. Every time I use it, I think "at least this is the only tool I've bought recently that I regret".

dave

coloradotrout wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I looked very carefully at several joiners side by side - including the PC557 and then bought the Makita. I have been very pleased with it.

/// Smokey

Smokey

I have the DeWalt and the Makita. I prefer the Makita.

Reply to
Richards

Does anyone see any real benefit to the Lil' Biscuits that the 557 can do? Dunno if the Makita can, but I'm pretty sure the DeWalt can't

Reply to
tnfkajs

I have the PC and love it.

The smaller biscuits come in handy when putting on face frames.

I'm not familiar with the Makita but I do like Dan's suggestion - take a look at all three.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Better still, go to the show and try them all out. For me it was a toss-up between the Makita and DW, but the Makita was $10 less. Have never regretted it.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox