biscuit joner - makita ?

I tried to read all posts about biscuit joiners. Most popular seem to be DW and PC, but generally Makita had only positive comments.
The 3901 can be had for $170 which puts it in the same price range as PC (200) and DW (150).
What do the latest trade mags make of it?
I may wait until the Denver WW show and see what I can pick-up, but want to be armed with the best info.
if you aren't going to get a Lamello, GET THE MAKITA. I've got the PC 557 and don't like it due to the crappy fence that has "features" but little rigidity. Other than that, it works fine. <g> still kicking myself for plonking down my money on that sucker. Every time I use it, I think "at least this is the only tool I've bought recently that I regret".
dave
coloradotrout wrote:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 05:58:52 GMT, nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net (coloradotrout) wrote:

I looked very carefully at several joiners side by side - including the PC557 and then bought the Makita. I have been very pleased with it.
/// Smokey http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh/wood/woodstuff.htm http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh /
coloradotrout wrote:

I have the DeWalt and the Makita. I prefer the Makita.

Does anyone see any real benefit to the Lil' Biscuits that the 557 can do? Dunno if the Makita can, but I'm pretty sure the DeWalt can't
I have the PC and love it.
The smaller biscuits come in handy when putting on face frames.
I'm not familiar with the Makita but I do like Dan's suggestion - take a look at all three.
Rob

Better still, go to the show and try them all out. For me it was a toss-up between the Makita and DW, but the Makita was $10 less. Have never regretted it.
Barry Lennox