Patriarch wrote:

Good.

I think I see the problem.
Lack of self control.
But it's Doug's fault, right?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

And you apparently felt the need to respond with a series of obscenities. [snip]

That's part of the problem...

.. and here is the rest of it. If you've "seen nothing but this kind of crap" it's because you've deliberately been looking for crap, and ignoring the rest. This NG is one of the most civil ones around, most of the time.

I'm sure that goes the other way, too.

I suppose that calling someone "fuckwit" or "dipshit" illustrates your ideal of "how to relate to people".

Yes, it is a shame. And you're part of the problem.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Ignore him Swingman. Amazingly enough, he's joined the B.A.D. club of filtered users faster than B.A.D. himself. Nothing like a self-righteous twit playing the injured party while lashing out at the same time.
Looks to me like Swingman should _not_ ignore him. I would like to watch this slugfest, and I feel that Swingman needs no help <G>.

How can check that? If I push the cutter out and use a dial calliper between one side of the blade and the fence and then the other side and the fence? Thanks

<snip>

My DeWalt is well aligned for parallelism. I believe there was an adjustment written up here in the group on this.
Patriarch
I have used my Dewalt for nearly six years without even knowing about a parallel test. Not a single complaint.
What's the deal with being .01 out of parallel? The slots will either:
a) be cut so that they cross, which will "average out" the error, or
b) be cut so that the slots are parallel to each other (but slightly off parallel with the surface)
in either case, so what? There's a lot more than .01 slop in the biscuit itself, I would think.
I also think that throwing that last thousandth in there on a measurement for wood is false precision, at least for the vast majority of woodworking. Shoot, I've got a micrometer, good to 0.0001" (so the box says). I wonder how many different measurements I'd get if I checked the thickness of a biscuit in the same place a dozen times?
-j
Joe User wrote:

You must be new!
This is the 'wreck, where that kind of thing gets blown WAAAY out of proportion. <G>
You haven't checked your fence flatnesses with feeler guages and dial indicators yet?
Barry
I worked in aerospace for 35 years. Most general airframe work is within +/-.03 tolerance. But then we didn't use precision bisucit jointers.
Ron