Biscuit joiner problems

Page 2 of 2

Wow, with over 3/4" to plane and/or sand down, I guess you really don't have to worry about lining up the board surfaces...
Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Larry W" wrote:

OK, I give up.
Where did the above come from?
Lew
On 5/30/2013 7:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

>> I surface my table stock 13/16" proud and don't sweat trying to line
13/16"?
chaniarts wrote:

I surface my table stock 13/16", proud (by 1/16" or so) and don't sweat trying to line...
On Friday, May 31, 2013 10:02:06 AM UTC-5, Bill wrote:

Why would you not sweat trying to (or actually) lining up?
"Michael" wrote:

Running the assembled piece thru a drum sander as the final machining operation eliminates all the material thickness and assembly variations in one step.
Lew
On Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 12:30:29 PM UTC-4, Lew Hodgett wrote:

We have 3 dewalt units and one of them has been this way since for ever. I don't see any way to adjust it. Junk!
On 4/7/2016 9:22 AM, snipped-for-privacy@nevencustomtrim.com wrote:

With the piece flat on the table when the slot is cut, gives far better precision that a biscuit.
If you do the proper setup you can get precision and speed on the table.
"Larry W" wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Would you prefer 0.8125"?
Lew