Biscuit joiner blade for small biscuits (Dewalt -- 22mm arbor) Where?

`Hey all,

I have a Dw682 joiner. It comes standard with a 4" x 22mm arbor 6 tooth blade. I need to do a few projects using the smaller, "Face Frame" biscuits. Searching on the net, all I can find are blades from Amana that cost upwards of $50. Since I'm not going into production with this setup -- I only have 20 or 30 slots to cut right now -- the price and probably the quality are a bit of overkill.

Surely there are other manufacturers of such blades? Does anyone know of a model, maker, source, price, etc?

Thanks if you can help!

/ts

Reply to
/..

First off, The FF blade is 2" in diameter and the joiner must plunge 1" deeper than it normally would. Will the DeWalt do that?

Reply to
Leon

By Sat, 27 Sep 2003 03:23:40 GMT, "Leon" decided to post "Re: Biscuit joiner blade for small biscuits (Dewalt -- 22mm arbor) Where?" to rec.woodworking:

The 2" blade is the one for the PC joiner. I think the size I'm seeking, that will work with the Dw682 is closer to 3" and will require setting the fine adjustment outward about 1/4" more.

I'm sure that this is probably a FAQ since so many people own this excellent tool, and this is not an uncommon task to ask of it!

Reply to
/..

How does any machine do that? Isn't the radius of a 2" blade 1". How can you plunge "deeper" than the center bore of the blade?

Reply to
Gfretwell

Nevermind .... I had a brain fart. I see what you mean. The blade won't touch the wood DUH. Where is my coffee?

Reply to
Gfretwell

I have a Ryobi Detail Biscuit cheapie--probably costed less than the DW blade. It has a 1 1/2" inch blade (that is not carbide) and uses teenie biscuits.

WKato

I have a PC and it came with both a 4" and 2" cutters. Maybe one of theirs will work on your machine. ela

Reply to
Blarg News