Birthday Song

Page 1 of 2
In 1950 I was born September Third in Early Morn Without a Shop Nor yet a Tool Without no CAD I drew in Drool
With Lincoln Logs I built my First Construction Project What is Worse Is that I haven't gotten so much Better
I grew up both strong and tall Well, tall is true But strong is not But my good friends won't hold me to the letter
I turned into a Carpenter And studied much Geometry To cut my roof sticks up you see And make them fit just right
But that old thing just got so old And I grew tired of the cold And of the heat and rain That told me Get yerself a Shop
The Shop is my Familiar Place With all my Tools inside this Space I can forget the Old Rat Race And bring it to a Stop
My Son plays now with Lincoln Logs I have a Wife and Kids and Dogs I've no Complaints It seems just Right
Thus ends my tale This Birthday Night
Regards, Tom. Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tom Watson pens:

Heh.
Happy Birthday, Tom.
I am NOT going to tell you when my birthday is, though.
Charlie Self
"Men willingly believe what they wish." Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 03 Sep 2003 22:55:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Thanks, Charlie:
"Beware of the leader, who strikes the war drum in order to transfer the citizens into patriotic glow, patriotism is indeed a double-sided sword. It makes the blood so boldly, like it constricts the intellect. And if the striking of the war drum reached a fiebrige height and the blood is cooking and hating, and the intellect is dismissed, the leader doesn't need to reject the citizens rights. The citizens, cought by anxiety and blinded through patriotism, will subordinate all their rights to the leader and this even with happy courage. Why do I know that? I know it, because this is, what I did. And I am Gajus Julius Cδsar. "
Regards, Tom. Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Add pictures here
βœ–
Many happy returns, and all that. (raising a glass)
djb
--
"I'll do the stupid thing first and then you shy people follow..." - Frank Zappa

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:31:18 GMT, Dave Balderstone

thanks, dave.
"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read." Frank Zappa, quoted in Linda Botts, "Loose Talk" (1980)
Regards, Tom. Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Add pictures here
βœ–

Thanks, Swingman.
My favorite (snipped)
"Workin' all week 9 to 5 for my money So when the weekend comes I go get live with the honey Rollin' down the street I saw this girl and she was pumpin' I winked my eye she got into the ride went to a club was jumpin' Introduce myself as Loc she said "You're a liar" I said "I got it goin' on baby doll and I'm on fire" Took her to the hotel she said "You're the king" I said "Be my queen if you know what I mean and let us do the wild thing "
Tone Loc
Regards, Tom. Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Add pictures here
βœ–

Wow Tom, Caesar and Tone Loc all in one thread! I'm impressed! I'll bet playing "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" with you is a serious challenge :)
Happy b-day...and many more.
Rob
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:53:46 -0400, "Rob Walters"

thanks Rob:
Kevin Bacon - From Philly.
Tom Watson - From Philly.
Done in a Heartbeat.
Regards, Tom. Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Add pictures here
βœ–
Make that: "Tom, Caesar, and Tone Loc, all in one thread."
Renaissance man: [n] a scholar during the Renaissance who (because knowledge was limited) could know almost everything about many topics [n] a modern scholar who is in a position to acquire more than superficial knowledge about many different interests.
Sound familiar?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/24/03

Make that "Renaissance Birthday Boy - Tom Watson
HBD to yas, ya silly offToneLoc quoter, you.
-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive -- http://diversify.com Website Programming and Development
Add pictures here
βœ–
Wow ! That is really nice. Can I reprint that? Happy Birthday, Tom.
BigJoe
--
Be sure to check out Joe's and Betty's webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html

Hell Yes!
I'm gratified that you might even want to.
Regards, Tom. Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Add pictures here
βœ–

Thanks Tom, I needed that! Happy Birthday. Nahmie
Add pictures here
βœ–
September third - me too! Happy birthday!

Add pictures here
βœ–
Happy birthday to you, Tom. Thanks.
    mahalo,     jo4hn
Joy leapt in his father's heart for his son who was quick to learn, thirsty for knowledge; he saw him growing up to become great wise man and priest, a prince among the Brahmans.
SIDDHARTHA An Indian Tale by Hermann Hesse
Add pictures here
βœ–
versified:
<snip>
Happy Birthday Tom!
I know I got shot down last time, nevertheless I would like to once again nominate Tom as our Poet Laureate. I agree about Walt Akers, Dave Fleming, Charlie Self, Keith Bohn, Paddy Olguin, Larry Jacques, and all the other excellent writers on the wreck who are on my "watch list". But Tom has not only written great stories, but is the only person who has actually posted honest-to-goodness verse.
Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address
Add pictures here
βœ–
pixelated:

Yeah, PERverse.
P.S: I'm "c"-less, WeeGee.
-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive -- http://diversify.com Website Programming and Development
Add pictures here
βœ–
scribbled

Oops. I have known that for many years, yet my fingers were not in gear with my mind. I have no excuse. I apologise unreservedly and promise not to do it again.
Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address
Add pictures here
βœ–
My name is Jummy Let me just say I hope you have A great birthday.
That's all - I'm done! :-)
Add pictures here
βœ–