Birthday Party Craft

Does anyone have an excellent craft project for a party of eight year olds? I don't want them cutting anything. I'd like to do the cutting myself and let them assemble, paint, &c.
Thanks,
S.
Birdhouse, tool caddy, pencil box, anything that Home Depot or Lowes offers in their Saturday morning kids woodworking classes.

handcuffs work well.. opps, did I say that out loud?
If you're into scroll saw stuff, do easy, unfinished jig saw puzzles and let them color them with magic markers or water colors..
Popsicle sticks and rubber bands or wash-off glue keeps kids and adults busy for quite a while..
If you're crazy enough to let the lil' buggers loose in your shop, they can spend all day making things with a hammer, nails and access to your scrap collection.. Mine use to build "boats" and play with them in the pool..
Hell, thinking WAY back, my dad had a sign shop and used to keep me busy for hours by letting me hammer large nails into a 4x4 clamped to a saw horse.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
snipped-for-privacy@davisbajasplinters.com says...

I like the idea of a jigsaw puzzle. Thanks, Mac.
S.