Birthday Gloat!

I got my birthday present last night and wow!! What a surprise. My wife had called a couple of my coworkers that are also into woodworking (and constantly hear about "what I want") and went to Woodcraft and picked me up a new JET DC-1100ck (the canister style 1-1/2 hp dust collector). WAHOO!! The coolest part (aside from putting it together last night and sucking up some serious dust) was her story about the guys in line behind her. "Excuse me, is that for you?" "No, it's for my husband's birthday" "Whoa! How'd he get so lucky as to have a wife who'd buy that for him?! Will you call my wife and let her know what kind of gifts to buy me? Hey Frank, come check this out!"
Pretty cool, huh!
Mike
Same DC I bought last month, very cool, enjoy! The nice thing about the big deal all the guys made at Woodcraft is now she really understands what a neat thing it is that she did so maybe she'll do the same again at the next gift-giving opportunity. Think you could talk her into writing a letter about her method of getting gift ideas and sending it to some mags like Good Housekeeping, or Martha Stewart (sp?) so my wife might read it and get the idea??? -- Larry C in Auburn WA

wife
(and
me up

WAHOO!!
sucking up

"Excuse
How'd he

my
check
Bet your wife was walking on clouds after getting all the compliments - and well she should too!
We will be expecting a full report on that "Sucker". I'm looking to do the conversion number on my Penn State DC to the Jet canister.
Bob S.

up
"Excuse
he
Now when someone says "Your shop Sucks" you can reply "Yes and thank you"!
Congrats, Mike. We should all be so lucky!
Kevin

up
"Excuse
he
Now that is a very classy SWMBO!
Congrates on the gloat and the drive by gloat on the SWMBO.
Bernie

up
"Excuse
he
Thats great... Now when it's her birthday, you really need to do some research to see what she REALLY wants. You wouldn't want to be the one who breaks the cycle of great gift giving. Your shop could look like Nahm's before its all over!
:-)
Mike

up
"Excuse
he
Yeah...there's the rub. I know EXACTLY what she wants and it involves 3 diamonds and a band of gold -- it's our 10 year anniversary this year. Ouch. But as you can tell she's definitely worth it, so yeah, she'll get it.
Mike

what
Mike in Idaho wrote:

Nothing ouch about it. Suggest you get really busy building the most beautiful jewelery box she'll ever see to wrap it in.
This was a neener if ever I saw one!
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA