Bird mobiles

I am looking for plans for a bird mobile to make a present for new granddaughter. The sort I am looking for is of a single bird body in profile with wings the attached and the whole lot balanced so that when you touch it the body goes up and down giving the impression of wings flapping.
I have seen plenty in gift shops and have googled it for plans but not found any.
All help gratefully received.
TIA
--
Max George

I don't have a suggestion for where to look for plans, although I'm sure they're out there. Just a word of warning, having made a few of these in the past to hang in the back yard. They're very impressive in the throes of a gentle breeze - but when the wind kicks up to more than a few MPH, you'd better run like hell to take them down, or you'll have a bunch of double-amputees on your hands. Sounds like you may be talking about an indoor application, which won't be a problem. In adition to being activated by a breeze, they're also equipped with a pull string.
B.

Dont have plans but a trick that might help. Cut out bird and assemble with wings and weight. Balance bird. To do this I use two blocks cut into wedges and blace the sharp edges under the birds wings and move them in and out until the wings and body balance the way I want them to. Mark that point and drill holes in wing for string. You now have a pattern.

http://www.australianexports.com.au/Woodworking_Plans_1.htm http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/plans/index.php?catR0 http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/plans/aboutourplans.php

Google *bird mobile* and when the page comes up, click on *images* This should give you a lot of ideas.
Smitty