Bird House

I saw a bird house with bird seed completely covering the outside of it. The people told me that the birds would eventually eat the seed and live in the house. I do not know what to use to make the bird food through rain angd wind yet still be able to be pulled off by a bird.
I was wondering if anyone could help??

honey?
Mekon

B.

Mekon

<sigh> You know damn well it's your turn. B.
D-Rick_Bush wrote:

What sort of bird likes to nest in communal birdtables?
This idea strikes me as bizarre and pointless.

As a woodworker and birdwatcher, I have made several hundred bird houses from scrap wood and given them away. There is no good reason to put birdseed on birdhouses. Also, don't put perches on birdhouses.
GW
Tue, Dec 5, 2006, 1:46pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (D-Rick_Bush) doth claimeth: I saw a bird house with bird seed completely covering the outside of it. The people told me that the birds would eventually eat the seed and live in the house. <snip>
I believe it would be more accurate to describe that as squirrel feeder, "then" bird house.
JOAT I am, therefore I think.