Bill here's a support stand for long objects for your saw.

Hopefully you can see these two files. I was looking around my old magazines the other day for something. This has one deficiency, which I have an image that corrects it. On concrete which is not a level surface it won't level So you can use the small drawing to fix the side with 2 feet, below the midsection to adjust for an out of level floor. This is a nice stand,better than the fold ups... you can do the three heads, plus you can also do a large flat sheet of ply 24x24 for a nice work table... use the flanges that you can get for the pipe and they will all work well.

Other's might find it interesting.

Let me know if this doesn't work, my first use of google drive.

Reply to
woodchucker

It was interesting, Jeff. I do have two Harbor freight fold ups that I got for about $10 each that work well for my miter saw. I may borrow the idea in the article for an outfeed table for my table saw (which could then maybe be used for other purposes). I'm already well-invested in "Pony" pipe clamps.

By the way, FYI, when I tried to print the article, it only printed the left column of it. I don't know what this is due to and I'm not asking you to try to fix it. Just a FYI.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

When I downloaded it (to save it). It saved it as a png (not readable as a pdf file--which it started as, I think). When i magnify it enough to see it, the text is totally blurred. Still, the idea is already in my mind--at least for now!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Ok, I figured that out. Very odd, not intuitive.

Click on open for the image, lower right. Then click on file, download.

Reply to
woodchucker

If you do use this, create a hole for the pipe that is almost exact. Also you may need to drill holes that intersect these holes and thread them so you can stiffen the connection up, to lock it in place and prevent it from swinging around. Some inserts if you don't have taps will do.

Reply to
woodchucker

Whenever I find something I want to save that isn't already a PDF, I use PDFCreator to print it to a PDF. Works great (PDF-XCHANGE is a really nice PDF viewer).

Reply to
krw

Sorry I can't get the file except as a "png" (I can tell by the .pdf in the file name, that it used to be one). I regularly use PDF Creator.

Reply to
Bill

I just printed it from the web page. Worked fine.

Reply to
krw

You didn't follow my directions.

Reply to
woodchucker

You didn't say I had to sign on to Google! ; ) I was able to "add it to my (Google) drive" and then print it.

Thanks! Bill

Reply to
Bill

You didn't need to. I did it from my woodchucker account. Then when I went to my account that is my name, I was able to get to it fine, and also save it as a pdf fine. Just open and file, download

Reply to
woodchucker

It didn't give me the opportunity to open it until I logged in. YMMV. Thanks for providing me with the article. I've got it right on my desk. Waiting for the "spring thaw"...

Cheers, Bill

Reply to
Bill