Bigger Band Saw

Page 3 of 3

Tattooed and Dusty wrote:

Try looking at the Rikon 18". It got pretty good reviews recently and was rated best buy on machines up to around $2000. Here's one place to look at it.<http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/ak/Tools/Power_Tools/Rikon/Band_Saws/Band_Saws_2654/RIK_10_340_Bandsaw_18_2_HP_12_5_Amos_2_Speed_1510_prod/index.html or http://tinyurl.com/bel5t .
here's another http://cwd-web.net/rikon/10-340-18BS.htm
Woodcraft carries them, too. Drawback is the 220V setup.
I haven't read any negatives about the saw yet.
Gary
I have the first rendition of Jet's 18". Of course, they've added a couple of necessary features they forgot in the first model and have added a 16" version now. Anywho, this would be a cheap way to go if you don't mind a basic unit. With the proper blade, it serves me well. I've resawed cherry logs at capacity. With the wrong blade, you'll burn up the wimpy 2 HP motor (unless they've boosted this). Mark
Tattooed and Dusty wrote:

I have the Jet 16 version of this saw. If you are going to step up from a 14" saw, I don't think that this one is enough of a change to make it worthwhile. It is my first bandsaw, however, and I bought it well.
A Laguna or MiniMax, it is not.
Patriarch