Bigger Band Saw

Yes. There some sort of legfal issue with using the trademark. I think only one dealer is allows to use the "Timberwolf" name. I learned this from the Iturra catalog, which used ANOTHER name for the blades. The one I bought from Woodcraft was called "PS WOOD - by the makers of Timberwolf."

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

I have the first rendition of Jet's 18". Of course, they've added a couple of necessary features they forgot in the first model and have added a 16" version now. Anywho, this would be a cheap way to go if you don't mind a basic unit. With the proper blade, it serves me well. I've resawed cherry logs at capacity. With the wrong blade, you'll burn up the wimpy 2 HP motor (unless they've boosted this). Mark

Tattooed and Dusty wrote:

Reply to
Mark Thieme

Mark Thieme wrote in news:d836c$427ecdc7 $d8080e49$ snipped-for-privacy@DIALUPUSA.NET:

I have the Jet 16 version of this saw. If you are going to step up from a

14" saw, I don't think that this one is enough of a change to make it worthwhile. It is my first bandsaw, however, and I bought it well.

A Laguna or MiniMax, it is not.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch