Big Tool Sale

Page 1 of 2
I just got the Sears flyer in the mail today. Wooo Hooo!!!, all Craftsman tools are going on sale at 10% off.
I'm going to make a list of what I want and I'll be at the store when they open up on sale day. Good tools help make a good job. I'm going to need a router to finish the kitchen cabinets I'm going to make. I'll be starting them soon. I bought some of the particleboad for the cabinets.
Ralph Engerman R E Quick Transit
Add pictures here
✖

Hahahaha....good joke
Jon~
Add pictures here
✖
Uh, I think he may be serious.
--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."
✖

Dear God, Please don't let him be serious.
Nick
Add pictures here
✖
Is it 10% off or are they paying people 10 % of the price to take the tools away and bury them in hopes that someday they will grow in to real tools???

Add pictures here
✖

There was a "we pay the tax" sale at Sears last year (beds and mattresses) . A whole 7% off, which at first seems better than a swift kick in the butt, but the one of the items I was interested in had the "regular" price marked up by 10%. The "way pay the tax" sale was actually 3% higher than their "normal" price. These kind of stunts aren't unusual for Sears, whose deceptive marketing practices happen to be among the worst of the big box retailers .
Add pictures here
✖
mp wrote:

I've come to expect these kind of tactics (marking up to 'discount') from all retailers. It's a standard game.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
✖
"Mark"

Unfortunantly it works. If people press me for a deal I mark it up 10% and give them a 5% discount. They're happy, I'm happy.
Add pictures here
✖
I will be setting up camp in front of the doors myself. I also borrowed a ton of money to take advantage of this incdredible event. Now if I can only get that particle board on sale. I just noticed that I'm typing this message and I'm only wearing my Sears under wear, wow what a coincidence.....
Danielo

Add pictures here
✖
On 2 Mar 2004 05:11:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Daniel Martin) wrote:

How do you know they're Sears undies? Is the slit in the back?
Cape Cod Bob Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis
Add pictures here
✖
Cape Cod Bob responds:

Only for those who prefer the label in front.
Charlie Self In a New Hampshire Jewelry store: "Ears pierced while you wait."
✖
Cape Cod Bob wrote:

They self adjust their height. The only choices are plumber or wedgie.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

No, they also have the random height adjusting feature -- where do you think plumber's cleavage comes from?
Add pictures here
✖

That is ENTIRELY too much information...I could have went the rest of my life without knowing that.
<shudder>
Mike
Add pictures here
✖
says...

Kind of like: <http://www.comics.com/comics/bignate/index.html ? If you see this on 3/2, otherwise, check out the 3/2 comic from the archive.
Add pictures here
✖
R. E. Engerman wrote:

I'll meet you there. Gonna pick up one of them routers with the automatic doo-hickey that I've heard so much about.
    mahalo,     jo4hn
Add pictures here
✖
I want one of them hi-tech circular saws with a star wars laser on it. That way I can cut perfectly straight with no guide or nuthin.
SteveP

Add pictures here
✖
The laser doesn't make the saw cut straight any more than headlights keep the car on the road.
:-)
codepath

Add pictures here
✖

Will that keep it on the road? How about putting headlights on my saw for a straight cut? I think your just jealous of all my Craftsman tools and you probably don't own a laser guided saw.
KS "proud member of the Handyman Club"
Add pictures here
✖
Some things a man needs to learn for himself.

Add pictures here
✖