Big threads with 1-1/2 inch Beall Thread cutter

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used the Beall BIG thread cutters
I only hear good things about the Beall so they must do a good job, but I have this nagging question to clear up before I spend big bucks for the thread kit and a 1-3/8 inch drill bit.
OK here is the question: The dowel diameter is 1-1/2 inch, the drill hole diameter is 1-3/8 inch which I believe gives a thread height of only 1/16 inch. Or if the thread height is deeper thre would still only be 1/16 of thread overlap between the "nut" and the "bolt". Isn't that rather shallow for a big wooden thread? I want to make a heavy wood screw for an old fashioned looking leg vice. The threads should look like wood threads not fine metal threads.
Bye the way, the 1-1/2 inch Beall cuts 5 threads per inch which would be a nice course thread, if not for the apparent shallow depth.
I would love to hear from anyone who has actually used this tool. What do the threads look like? How much catch is there between the "bolt" and the "nut" threads.
@cogeco.ca says...

off. Here is a shot of a sugar maple stool I made a few years ago:
http://home.mminternet.com/~donryu/images/sstool01.jpg
And here is a closeup of the threads:
http://home.mminternet.com/~donryu/images/threads.jpg
Kim
On 29 Aug 2003 18:32:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca (Steven) pixelated:

Ironic question of the morning:
How can you make threads when you don't know the difference between "course" and "coarse"?
(Now see Kim's answer)
- Gently-used Firestone tires for sale at discount! ----------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
yep, made the same stool from wormy maple. use it in the shop every day. My threads were made with the hand threading box but the router method is almost identical . I will be making more threads for my bench, some 1 2/2 and some 3/4 for various clamps and vices.
Steven wrote:

--
---

BRuce

If I recall correctly I saw an article on making large wood threads with a router some time ago perhaps in FWW...mjh
-- mike hide

Thanks to everyone who responded. Photos by Kim are inspiring.
For those who actually used the Beall 1-1/2 inch kit to make threads, what size drill did you use for the nut hole ?
Steven