Big Iron

Page 1 of 2
http://www.jettools.com/us/manufacturing/en/product.html?node !497&product37120
You might need a block and tackle to assemble it.

http://www.jettools.com/us/manufacturing/en/product.html?node !497&product37120
Damn thing wouldn't fit in my shop ...
Wonder what a12" WWII is worth?
--
www.ewoodshop.com

On 10/17/2012 6:58 PM, Swingman wrote:

I think you could make it fit, but you would have to put 6 piers under it. ;~)
On 10/17/2012 7:56 PM, Leon wrote:

That's so far out of reach for me it's not even funny. I have a $100 garage shop. Tools cost $100. (I splurged on the plainer. but it has paid for itself manby times over) Double car garage. (we have a storage shed for the garden toys) That's my so called shop. a small table saw, miter chop saw, small band saw, drill press, and 10 or 12 bags of hand tools sorted by type.
No. That's for a pro shop.
A saw like that, you build a shop around it.
And its' friends.
On 10/17/2012 6:58 PM, Swingman wrote:

Damn! Only $11 more than a 10"
http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

"Sure. An arm, a leg, and only a tenspot more for larger models!" quoth the cheap bastid.
-- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves... We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. Peter McWilliams, Life 101
On 10/17/2012 11:03 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

It's a wonder you never got married! ;~)

No it isn't. I'm ambidextrous. Rosie Palmer is a -way- cheaper date than an ex-wife. <g>
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Larry Jaques wrote the following on 10/18/2012 10:49 PM (ET):

It was Lily Palmer in my day.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Rosie's her granddaughter, y'olde farte. ;)
On 10/17/2012 12:49 PM, Leon wrote:

http://www.jettools.com/us/manufacturing/en/product.html?node !497&product37120
Oh, 600 lb is just a baby for cast iron... :)
Check on some of the vintage beasties...
<http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?idF95
On 10/17/2012 7:11 PM, dpb wrote:

I meant to refer to NEW big iron and the 80" cast iron top, then there is this at 2000 lbs.
http://www.northfieldwoodworking.com/tablesaws/sawroller.htm
But for only 1000 lbs a 16" TS
http://www.olivermachinery.net/index.php?node=machines&type_id=5&model@60
On 10/17/2012 8:00 PM, Leon wrote: ...

I'm partial to OLDer the better big iron meself...wish had the 3PH power and a shop area that could handle it. Miss the access had in VA, particularly...
In particular since I do have the RAS that is 16" I don't lack for saw capacity but I pine for a 16" or larger jointer in the worstest way...
<http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?idh70 <http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?idB96
Of course, 20+" would be even better... :)
<http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?idB76

They are out there: http://mansfield.craigslist.org/tls/3344824460.html
On 10/19/2012 11:43 AM, Larry Kraus wrote:

Oh, yes, they are....I just don't have the floor space anywhere that has the necessary clearance and headroom that has the floor that will hold 'em up...the old barn is big but very little actual open space what w/ the support partitions, stalls, etc., and it's very low headroom as as much height as possible was put into the hayloft space.
It, while it would make a wonderful working space being almost completely open and essentially no limit up, would take a tremendous amount of work to shore up to support such a point load not to mention the problem of then needing a freight elevator that would handle stuff, etc., etc., etc., ... Believe me, I've thought a lot about how kewl it would be to open a larger dormer for the purpose and if I were 30 yr or so younger, maybe...

Don't know the cost but guessing it would be better to suck up to the Saw Stop and build large infeed and outfeed tables.
Mike M
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:41:25 PM UTC-5, Mike M wrote:

Buy online from Woodcraft, $4089.00, so, you need big iron to pry open your wallet, too.
Sonny

That's a 6-crowbar + ether operation there, Sonny.
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 21:41:18 -0700, Mike M

Jet lists two dealers. One at $3600 and the second at $4000. And, that's without most of the accessories.
On 10/17/2012 11:41 PM, Mike M wrote:

IIRC I saw it offered somewhere at $3999. You are probably right unless you need the extra capacity of the 12" blade.