big cabinet door sag - prevention

I am finishing a double door tool cabinet/pegboard. Each door is made of hickory frame with 3/4 plywood panel, roughly 3" deep. Overall dimensions for each door is 33" x 26" x 3" - so they weight a bit. These doors sit on top of the pegboard cabinet, also framed in 3/4" hickory, with vertical pieces in the center for adjustable shelving.
I am using piano hinges the entire height on each door, but still think gravity will eventually pull the doors out of alighment. Thought about using a latch on the top, or something like a pull through latch made for table leaves.
Any suggestions/experience?
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:05:00 GMT, "Chris Carruth"

If you use a good quality continuous hinge and one as large as you can live with, I don't think you will get any sag from the hinge.
Mike O.
Good joinery will help, too. Tom Mike O. wrote:

Chris Carruth wrote:

If the backs are let into the sides w/ good precision, they really can't go anywhere themselves so the only place for movement is the side frames or the hinges. A _good_, heavy piano hinge will support a lot of weight, the specifics for any given choice should be available for it. So, it seems to me the question boils down to making the supporting frame sufficiently stout or reducing load.
One way to do the latter would be to use center stile and double doors, but that may not be suitable depending on actual use envisioned. Another possibility is I would wonder if the 3/4" backing is actually needed but whether 5/8", 1/2" or even 3/8" would be sufficiently stiff.

thanks for the replies..I am using box joints all the way around. rails and stiles are 3/4" hickory, with the 3/4" plywood face panel sitting in 3/8' dado (free floating), even with top so one solid surface..will stick with existing piano hinge and see if it holds..thanks all
Chris Carruth wrote:

With a plywood panel you could glue it in and gain some more racking resistance.
Chris