Biesemeyer vs. HTC

Can anyone offer a comparison between:

Biesemeyer 30" Right 12" Left Commercial Fence (42" fence bar) Amazon part #BC30W $299.99 (plus $94.99 for required right exension table, plus $49.99 for the legs, minus $25 off qualifying tools through end of year)....total $419.97

HTC Contractor Multi-Fence System with 30" Rails Amazon part #HTC830 $319.99

and

HTC Commercial Multi-Fence System with 30" Rails Amazon part #HTC930 $379.00

What I'm looking for are pros & cons of one versus the others, for example ease of mounting to an older model unisaw, what might be required to mount either of the HTC's to a unisaw, straightness & reliability of the HTC's compared to the Biesemeyer, etc. as well as any other opinions you may have on these fence systems.

Thanks, Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Myers

I doubt that you will find many people that are qualified to compare both as both will last a lifetime. I can say however that I have had and installed the Jet on a former TS and did not need the legs and I built the right table myself. You can save about $150 by leaving the legs off and building your own table.

Reply to
Leon

the HTC is a clone of the bies, with some differences. the sides are removeable and it has a fine adjust mechanism. people who have it like it. I have a bies and like that, but if I had an HTC I'd probably like it too.

also look here:

bridger

Lee Valley Tools sells the HTC fence and accessories. It shows a breakdown of parts and some close up pictures of this fence if you're considering buying one.

Upscale

Not to change the subject but you might also consider the Vega fence. I got the larger version (50") from Amazon and with their no shipping and $25 off deal, it was a pretty good buy. Installed easily and so far, with limited use, it's been fantastic. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

I also have the large vega prosumer fence and I love it. The finger saver device I use all the time.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W