BEWARE: Harbor Freight poor customer service...

Page 6 of 6
Notify your charge card company that the goods have not shown up and ask for a charge back. That will get Harbor Freights attention.

I've placed at least a dozen orders with HF over the last couple of years. The shipping has always been faster than promised and the items have always arrived in perfect condition. There have been a couple of occasions where the item ordered either broke or wasn't as promised and one call to customer service took care of the problem on both occasions. One time my money was refunded and the other time a replacement item was on my porch within 3 days. On both occasions the problem was solved without me having to return the items in question and the customer service people were as friendly as could be. The items were fairly inexpensive, (about 10 or less). There have been other times where the description of the items on their website was vague so I called to get more info. They were very helpful and got me the info as professionally as Lee Valley or any of the "High end" stores have done for me. Try getting *that* from Amazon. Do they even have a phone number to call? No business is going to be perfect all the time and I've found the HF's mail order service is just as friendly as they are at the local HF store in my town. It's hard to believe that someone would get this worked up over HF when the problem most likely was with UPS. It's not like HF has refused to help. I'm sure they're very busy this time of year and following up with UPS to make sure you're not trying to rip them off takes time. I'm not saying you're a crook, but they do have to take steps to keep from getting ripped off. Good luck.
Bruce

I have ordered various things from them from time to time with some slight problems. They had always rectified it until the last time 3 months ago. I ordered a huge silver tarp. It never showed. After 2 months of waiting they told me to wait another week or 2. I tried to get it resolved over and over. According to UPS it was never picked up. According to HF it was UPS's problem. UPS wouldn't take a claim since they didn't pick up the package. HF wouldn't ...UPS wouldn't... I called my credit card company and refused to pay the $120. Then I called HF back and tried to work it with them again. I finally got them to send another, and when I received it they were paid. I never did receive the original. I am wary about ordering again after all the times they did stand behind their stuff, this time they really pushed me too far.
Bruce wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@harborfreight.com wrote:

I had the opposite experience. I ordered a bunch of stuff. Two items were missing from the order. I called them up, was on hold less time than expected, and told the person the missing items. They arrived a few days later.

Now that a new HF store has opened between my home & church on many Sundays I drop in on the way home from church. ;-)
-- Mark