Bevel indicator for Table Saw

When I shopped at Lowe's last week, I noticed that some Hitachi brand table saw had bevel indicator on table. It seems very nice because it can save time especially when you adjust blade angle very often. What do you guys think?

WL

Reply to
wan.wanlin1028

I think I would still cut a test piece and adjust as required before I cut my good stock.

Reply to
lwasserm

'WL', Define what you mean by a 'bevel indicator'. Any mechanical device with moving parts has 'slop'. Depending in which direction you turn the operating handle, the indicator will be slightly 'off'. When I was in college {for my ME degree, this was even true of the precision of the heavy milling machines, lathes, grinders, etc. that we used.}

IF I NEED that level of accuracy for a table saw cut . . . I use my Stainless Steel 'Bevel Board' to set my Stainless 'bevel gauge' and physically set & check the angle of the blade. I still may 'sneak up' on the cut line . . . 'dry fitting' the part as I go.

Regards & Good Luck, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {PS - of course I'm a 'belt & suspenders' type of guy . . . also Teak 'AIN'T CHEAP' !!}

Reply to
Ron Magen