Beth Ireland Sanctuary Project

You may have heard about Beth Ireland traveling around the country teaching children how to turn last year... Well, she's at it again! Maybe help support this effort... My club and our turner SIG both donated money.
http://www.usaprojects.org/project/sanctuary

She was here in the summer at our turning symposium. Awesome story.
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx

Not knowing Beth, I could not glean much from the link. A lot of glib talk and never a word about what they actually do. The word "lathe" was never used as far as I could tell. This quote says it all--"This work is contributes so much to communities, from physical practical applications to the more metaphysical. It spans ages, abilities, geography... and fully embraces each culture. Kudos ladies!!!" I would think 2D art does not describe wood turning.
--
G.W.Ross

Don't ask me, I have random access memory.

Here is more...
http://www.turningaroundamerica.com /
http://bethireland.net/home.html