Best WoodDorking Music

Page 2 of 3

Or *anything* by Joe Walsh...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

SOLO!! No Eagles need join in! <G>
Vivaldi - Four Seasons, then Bach - Brandenburg's 4 and 6, Led Zeppelin 1,2,3,4 - Stairway to Heaven, et al.

The band TOOL.
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

When working on a Townsend double chest, it is mandatory to listen to The Who.
Okay, that was bad....
I listen to everything. I live by Glen Miller's credo: "If it sounds good, it probably is." But I do notice a difference in selection when I'm drawing vs dimensioning boards on the planer. Grieg, Paganinni, Mozart, nothing like a good fix of baroque to stimulate the creative juices. But, in the shop, XM 40 (Deep Tracks) is almost always on. They play the most eclectic old rock: Joe Walsh, Kinks, Who, Zep, Buffalo Springfield, Neil, 10cc (10cc RULES!!) a lot of 'singable' stuff....
But.. I'll give BARRY's XM 80 a try today... I'll get back to you on that...*G*

Quadrophenia?
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
Right here, right now... on XM 40...
wait for it . . . . Eric Clapton---> Crosscut Saw... how's that for a dorking tune, eh?
Robatoy wrote:

As a life-long music fanatic, I find trance to completely draw me into a focus when I'm in the right mood. Other times, it totally destroys my concentration.
DO NOT listen to XM 80 while driving on wide open roads! DAMHIKT. <G>
After thinking about why I don't like classical in the shop, I realized that I don't passively listen to it. Listening to classical music becomes a activity in itself, I can actually get tired doing it.
B A R R Y wrote:

Correction, XM 82, The System.

101 The Joint is kinda cool sometimes.
Robatoy wrote:

I only listen to Glen Miller when I'm In The Mood.

After a line like that you best be taking The A Train, buddy....
Talk radio.

ymmv, fwiw, my$1/50, etc.....
jc

OH, NO! Why?
All that does is distract and annoy me. Rather like reading the topics Doug's filters used to clear out of the rec, before I had to reload the system after a hard disk crash.
I'd rather listen to Utah Phillips.
Patriarch

Tom, I also enjoy classical music in the shop. I'm not sure a lengthy list is in order here but I find Mozart's concertos for clarinet, oboe and bassoon very satisfying. By the way, the clarinet concerto was used in the film " Out of Africa". They allow repetition without getting stale. Joe G
XM through DirectTV, Classical chnl 864. All day long.
jc

Pink Floyd does it for me! Eddie

You have a recording of Bach playing his own concerto? Wow! Recording technology must be a lot older than anyone ever thought.
When I'm in the mood I have several CDs I've burned with compilations of 50s & 60s R&R. (Starting in 1956 and nothing older than 1968.) Sanding in time to "Summertime Blues" or "Devil With The Blue Dress On" gives me a better surface.
FoggyTown