Best WoodDorking Music

Correction, XM 82, The System.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I only listen to Glen Miller when I'm In The Mood.

Reply to
Just Wondering

After a line like that you best be taking The A Train, buddy....

Reply to
Robatoy

Indeed, correction XM 82

Reply to
Robatoy

Indeed, correction XM 82

101 The Joint is kinda cool sometimes.
Reply to
Robatoy

On Mar 1, 9:07 pm, "Max"

Reply to
Olebiker

And I'll bet the Buffet being played is "Boat Drinks"

jc

Reply to
Joe

XM through DirectTV, Classical chnl 864. All day long.

jc

Reply to
Joe

That's a good way to get mad, lose focus, blow a cut and get even madder.

ymmv, fwiw, my$1/50, etc.....

jc

Reply to
Joe

Aw.... try the CD, "Take Five"...Brubeck. Have you heard any Jazz by Four Play? Try them out at Amazon or cduniverse.com. Or maybe barnesandnoble.com.

Max

Reply to
Max

On Mar 2, 1:50 pm, "Max"

Reply to
Olebiker

Reply to
Eddie

You have a recording of Bach playing his own concerto? Wow! Recording technology must be a lot older than anyone ever thought.

When I'm in the mood I have several CDs I've burned with compilations of 50s & 60s R&R. (Starting in 1956 and nothing older than 1968.) Sanding in time to "Summertime Blues" or "Devil With The Blue Dress On" gives me a better surface.

FoggyTown

Reply to
FoggyTown

If things are dragging try "Firebird" (Strvinsky). If you want to slow things down try Albioni's "Adagio" or Pachebel's "Canon" and if you want real inspiration try most anything by Bach. Also, traditional Bluegrass works for cleaning the shop or hand sanding. For me, anyway.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bleau

"Joe Bleau" wrote

Flight of the Valkyries (Wagner) Flight of the Bumblebees (Rimsky-Korsakov) In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly)

Max

Reply to
Max

"Leon" wrote in news:smWFh.775$8i6.118 @newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

OH, NO! Why?

All that does is distract and annoy me. Rather like reading the topics Doug's filters used to clear out of the rec, before I had to reload the system after a hard disk crash.

I'd rather listen to Utah Phillips.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Try "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis and crew. And take a look at the crew: Paul Chambers, James Cobb, Coltrane, Bill Evans, Wynton Kelly. It doesn't get better. The Brubeck album runs a very close second. sigh, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I like the music of the New College Choir, Oxford. I've been trying to preach about choral stuff for a long time (having spent some time doing it). Give a listen to composer Dmitri Bortnyanski (sp?) and to a lot of stuff by Chanticleer (men's group). Just great. mahalo, jo4hn

p.s. In my last ad for "Kind of Blue", I left out Cannonball Adderly.

Reply to
jo4hn

Da Missus and I just went to our second symphony recital in a month. Looks like it will be a semi-regular for us. BTW, in a battle of the bands the Great Lakes Symphony Orchestra would beat the Dearborn Symphony Orchestra hands down. ;-)

Probably share a lot of members, but the final sound was better, more 'finished'.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

Look up "The Anonymous Four" ... amazing female voices, a' capella.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit