best wood, paint

Hi,
What's the best wood and paint for outdoor signs exposed fully to the elements? Best sealer after painting?
Don
"Don Marshall"writes:

I'd use mdo plywood, you are on your own for paint. Try talking to a sign painter.
--
Lew

Don is right. Use MDO, I use 1/2", then use a good oil based paint. Also be sure to paint the edges and inside any holes you may drill for mounting.

Southland)
Don Marshall wrote:

When I was in the biz, we used MDO, filled the edges with spackle then primed them with alcohol base primer. Then painted the whole panel, front and back with a foam roller using "Ronan" brand enamel. http://www.ronanpaints.com/graphic.htm No sealer necessary. You'd be surprised at the incredible finish you can get with a foam roller once you get the hang of it.
--
Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD

I wouldn't! <G>
I've found them to be awesome for painting metal doors.
Barry