best wood, paint

Hi,

What's the best wood and paint for outdoor signs exposed fully to the elements? Best sealer after painting?

Don

Reply to
Don Marshall

I'd use mdo plywood, you are on your own for paint. Try talking to a sign painter.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Don is right. Use MDO, I use 1/2", then use a good oil based paint. Also be sure to paint the edges and inside any holes you may drill for mounting.

Reply to
Phil

When I was in the biz, we used MDO, filled the edges with spackle then primed them with alcohol base primer. Then painted the whole panel, front and back with a foam roller using "Ronan" brand enamel.

No sealer necessary. You'd be surprised at the incredible finish you can get with a foam roller once you get the hang of it.

Reply to
Donnie Vazquez

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:29:33 -0500, Donnie Vazquez wrote: You'd be

I wouldn't!

I've found them to be awesome for painting metal doors.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .