Best way to stop a sqeaky chair!

I need a suggestion or two for quieting a sqeaky chair. I have tried wd40, silicone spray, white grease...nothing lasts for longer than a day or even a few hours. This is an office chair with springs. Thought I would try here first unless another group is better for this? Search for chairs came here.
put it by the curb and go get a new one.
Vile wrote:

Actually I did get a new replacement base from the company for free, and I can keep getting new ones, but they all tend to sqeak after awhile. That's four of them total! Might be just a bad model, but I do tend to rock a lot! :)

Tue, Jul 20, 2004, 1:14pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Vile) wails: I need a suggestion or two for quieting a sqeaky chair. <snip> Thought I would try here first unless another group is better for this? Search for chairs came here.
Let's see, squeaky chair (note spelling), woodworking newsgroup. Sure, it makes sense to ask here first.
Wrap the squeaky part with duck tape, then get a grease gun, and pump the taped up part full of grease. If that won't fix it, the only thing I can recommend is, try offering it some cheese.
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in message (Vile) wails:

Like I said I typed sqeaky chair and found this forum. Oh well spelling looked ok to me at the time, no spell checking in posting box. Unless there is a way to add that.

Ok will try grease or white grease, with tape to trap it in.

Fri, Jul 23, 2004, 5:27am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Vile) decides: <snip> Ok will try grease or white grease, with tape to trap it in. Then how will you be able to tell if it's rocking properly, if it doesn't squeak? I always found a small squeak in a chair relaxing and inspiring, when I rocked. But, maybe you're management, and don't need inspiring.
JOAT Every thing that happens stays happened. - Death waxes philosophical
Vile wrote:

lubricant, it disolves the grease thats already there and is letting the old grease do its job... try taking off all the old grease and then use some white grease to reapply to where the original grease was....if you cannot get it back together then throw it out.... thats what i do when things like that happen.. try to fix it and then out it goes if it does not work...
Well I started with white grease spray, which seems to work longer but still ends up squeaking anyway. I only wiped the wd-40 off as best I can. Is there a better way to clean of the chair of wd-40 type stuff? Or should I keep using the white grease until its more permanent?