Best way to hang screwdrivers?

Page 2 of 2
On 1 Jan 2007 19:39:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

I like to build little platforms with trap doors for them, and then tie the little noose very very tight around their little...
oh..wait, that's not what you meant. Never mind.
Mon, Jan 1, 2007, 7:39pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net doth query: My wife gave me a nice set of a dozen screwdrivers for Christmas. I'd like to hang them properly in my workshop. Any suggestions on how best to hang them? I have a pegboard for my tools, but the 3/4" rings I currently have for screwdrivers don't hold them securely.
Some things I'll hang. Screwdrivers? I don't think so. I'd say a drawer, like in a tool chest. However, the things I do hang, I drill a hole in the handle, if not already one, then a loop of leather, or cord, and hang on a nail or hook. All my mallets ar hung that way, along with the files, hatchets, and misc other tools. I'm the only one I've got to please in my shop, so works for me.
JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also. - Igor Stravinsky
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

This works well for me: http://home.att.net/~lkraus/holder.htm
"Larry Kraus" wrote in message

Nifty! ... AAMOF, the best looking I've seen. Just wished I had the time to do fine furniture screwdriver holders.
;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/07

You could do what I did: I took a 2x2, drilled some holes all the way through (no fancy slots here) at intervals, then took one of those ugly wire screwdriver holders, broke off the loops, and attached it to the back of the 2x2. (The wire thingie that hooks on the pegboard is inset into the 2x2, then held on with some cheap sheet aluminum and screws.) Now it hangs on my pegboard with a dozen or so screwdrivers in it. It ain't pretty, but it works.

Oops. Was browsing old posts, and didn't notice that I was responding to something ~6 weeks old. Oh well.