Best way to hang screwdrivers?

Mon, Jan 1, 2007, 7:39pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net doth query: My wife gave me a nice set of a dozen screwdrivers for Christmas. I'd like to hang them properly in my workshop. Any suggestions on how best to hang them? I have a pegboard for my tools, but the 3/4" rings I currently have for screwdrivers don't hold them securely.

Some things I'll hang. Screwdrivers? I don't think so. I'd say a drawer, like in a tool chest. However, the things I do hang, I drill a hole in the handle, if not already one, then a loop of leather, or cord, and hang on a nail or hook. All my mallets ar hung that way, along with the files, hatchets, and misc other tools. I'm the only one I've got to please in my shop, so works for me.

JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also.

- Igor Stravinsky

Reply to
J T

I can't help it, every time I've seen this posting the same thing goes thru my mind...

"Best way to hang screwdrivers?"

...a very small noose...?

John E.

Reply to
John E.

This works well for me:

Larry Kraus

do fine furniture screwdriver holders.

;)

Reply to
Swingman

You could do what I did: I took a 2x2, drilled some holes all the way through (no fancy slots here) at intervals, then took one of those ugly wire screwdriver holders, broke off the loops, and attached it to the back of the 2x2. (The wire thingie that hooks on the pegboard is inset into the 2x2, then held on with some cheap sheet aluminum and screws.) Now it hangs on my pegboard with a dozen or so screwdrivers in it. It ain't pretty, but it works.

Reply to
darkon

Oops. Was browsing old posts, and didn't notice that I was responding to something ~6 weeks old. Oh well.

Reply to
darkon