Best way to drill a 1" hole through 2" thick maple?

Page 4 of 4
"xxxx" wrote in message

You forgot to mention it also has flesh sensing technology... ;~)

Easier to keep thiings square.

Hmm, I'm not sure how well a forstner bit would work in a brace. Might have to try it some time. I kinda suspect you'd need a bit with a lead screw to use in a brace.
Anyway, the trick with using a block of scrap for a guide works with a brace, too.
John