best table saw for $500 cdn.

hey all, about to upgrade my table saw , and have around $500 (cdn.) any suggestions on any, also i was looking in busy bee tools any one own a craftex saw from them . if so what do ya think of it, they look like heavy duty saws. thanks in advance for any suggestions, fred

Reply to
fred

That's a bit shy of a price point for entry level contractor saw (new).

What do you have now? Benchtop to contractor's saw is a worthwhile upgrade. If you already have a contractor's saw, tune it and/or buy an aftermarket fence and stay put.

Another $100 would really get you into the game. With tax and delivery think more like $450 (US) and up.

I don't think Grizzly does Canada. General international is out of Quebec. The have a decent contractor's saw.

Craftex is off my radar, perhaps someone else can comment.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

Hi Fred,

Go to:

'll get good, friendly advice, and a lot more responses because there are a lot more Craftex owners over there, as well as other tools that are more popular in Canada.

As far as recommendations for the table saw, I have a Delta 36-650C, which is about $700 cdn and I'm very happy with it. There are also rebates available for them from time to time. If I were to buy a new contractor saw right now, I would probably buy the General. It's about $900 cdn. so that's out of your price range. If I had only $500 to spend, you can probably find a really good used contractor saw from someone who is upgrading to a cabinet saw. Check out the buy&sell.

---BeerBoy

Reply to
BeerBoy