Best screws for attaching 1-1/2" oak ballisters to oak ?

I need to attach 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" square oak ballisters to the outside of a 1-1/2" x 12" oak stringer (interior open-riser stairs). I'll use a Fuller drill/countersink to drill the ballisters, predrill the stringer, and use a Fuller plug cutter for plugs to hide the screws.
I'm looking at the #10 (or #12) x 2-1/2" FSL screws from McFeely's (sq drive). Are these the best screws for the job (one of the highest torque values to prevent snapping)? Would #12 be better than the #10's in this case?
Thanks for any advice, -Lance

Call McFeeley's. They'll know, and tell you.
Patriarch
Lance wrote:

Steel screws will corrode in and discolor oak. Use bronze or stainless steel. Brass is a weaker alternative. Bronze and brass (especially) screws should be tightened by hand...OK to power drive a steel one, remove and replace.
--

dadiOH