best price on saw blades???

Where can I find the best prices on saw blades for my Jet 10 in table saw. And are their any suggestions as to the best brand. I'll be using it for general purpose cutting.
thanx bill
"BD" wrote in message

It will be difficult to go wrong with either a Forrest or Freud brand. Most wooddorkers who have experienced it will recommend the Forrest WWII 40 tooth 1/8" kerf blade for your saw above.
I highly concur, as I own three of them. They can be sharpened many times, making the initial cost very reasonable over time.
Best price is generally seen at a woodworking show ... if that's not available to you, DAGS.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08
Swingman wrote:

You might check out http://www.cripedistributing.com /. They're prices are pretty good but their selection is limited. They buy overstocks and packaging changes. They're convent for me since I live in the same city where they're located. Jim

Well Amazon has a TON of blades for sale. But if you want to keep it local, I would find a hardware store. Neither HD or Lowes sells a wide variety of blades, and even then they seem to be sub par...for instance HD sells Freud blades but they are their Diablo line, which I have read arent as good as regular Freud.

Best prices are usually at Harbor Fright..
Best blades? Anywhere but there...
mac
Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing

General purpose cutting? What are your expectations and how general will the cutting be?
For construction grade lumber and use, a $15 blade from Sears will do the job. For more serious work where you care what the final cut looks like, spend $50 to $150 for Ridge Carbide, Forrest, Freud, Infinity etc. Check their web sites or Amazon. A 40T combination blade is probably best. Good blades really do cut smoother and faster.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Some of the cheapest blades I found that are worth using were bought at a local lumberyard. NOTE: "NOT" the big chains.
All the counter guy said was "Yea, the guy's like these blades."
They are just the store brand. Cheap HD blades are no more than scrap metal in comparison.
LdB