Best Position for a Router Table Pin

Hi,

When using a starting pin on a router table, where is the best place to position the pin? Do you place it to the left of the bit, to the right of the bit, in front of the bit, or does it matter?

Reply to
Webster Joe

If there's no fence on the table, you can put the pin just about anywhere around the bit. Just remember which way the bit is rotating! Tom

Reply to
tom

Swingman's right

Dave

Reply to
David

Normally, for non 'climb cuts' on the router table, place the starter pin to the right of the bit so that the workpiece contacts the pin first as it moves from right to left.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Reply to
Webster Joe

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Agreed. I did a little research on climb cutting and it doesn't sound like something a novice like me wants to explore right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Reply to
Webster Joe

Reply to
nospambob